Membership is for Bristol Humanists only. We are an independent society, and a partner group of Humanists UK. The purposes of Bristol Humanists align with those of Humanists UK. Our purposes and rules are set out in our constitution (available on request).
Membership is on an annual basis and you will be requested to renew your membership every 12 months. The current annual fee is £20, with a low income rate of £5. The membership year runs from Oct-Sept. If you join at any point within 6 months of the end of the organisation’s year you will pay a half-year rate of £10 or £2.50.
We have deliberately kept membership rates low, so if you feel able to make an additional voluntary contribution to keep our finances healthy that would be very well-received!
Please complete the form found here and pay the membership fee as detailed below.
We offer 2 membership rates, standard and low income (self-declared, but for example full-time student, in receipt of JSA, universal credit or pension credit).
You can pay by cash, bank transfer (BACS) and cheque. We strongly prefer the first 2 options:
- In cash at one of our regular monthly meetings – you will become a member immediately
- By bank transfer (BACS). Please use the bill payment facility when using internet banking, and do the following:
- Put your surname as the reference for bill payment (this way we can connect it to your application)
- Pay the correct subscription to our bank account, which is:
- Bristol Humanists
- Account number – 77114973
- Sort Code – 51-70-08
- By cheque payable to Bristol Humanists
Benefits of membership
- If you are a member you will not have to pay to attend Bristol Humanists regular monthly meetings (£3 charge to non-members)
- You will be entitled to attend the AGM and elect the committee of Bristol Humanists and approve membership arrangements.
- You will be able to influence the activities of the group, for example with regard to regular meetings, campaigning etc
- You will receive regular details of other humanist activity, especially from Humanists UK
- We also hope to offer early booking offers to such events as the annual Darwin Day lecture
Any queries regarding membership should be directed to Nick Hooper at email@example.com
All Details of our activities and events can be found at: http://bristol.humanist.org.uk/events/whenwhere-we-meet/
Data Protection Statement
Bristol Humanists takes your privacy very seriously and will never collect, record or process your personal information unnecessarily – we will always manage your data lawfully.
Bristol Humanists gather and process your personal information only as it is described in this notice. We will always do this in way that complies with the relevant data protection regulations and laws. This notice provides you with the information you need about your rights and our responsibilities. It explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) described in this notice. We will not disclose or share your personal information without your consent – unless required to do so by law or to prevent harm or criminal activity. We only use this for membership records and to communicate with you about Bristol Humanists and related matters. When you have consented to us using your personal information you are free to withdraw this consent at any time